Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Delete and undelete pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Lock (protect) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Block IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quickly "rollback" \undesirable edits.
- Edit the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Current administrators Edit
- For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
Cave Story Wiki's recently active administrators are:
Becoming an administrator Edit
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. You can nominate yourself or another user for rights on Board:Wiki Discussion. Before nominating another user for rights, please check with the user on his or her talk page to be sure they're actually desired.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator or adopt the wiki, please contact the community staff. If there are other active editors but no active bureaucrats/admins, you should first discuss with them on who should become an admin, whether it be one of you, or all of you.
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.