Jukebox Mode is a main menu mode in the DSi and 3DS eShop versions that allow players to listen to all the tracks of Cave Story in a single place. This mode is also available in Cave Story+ if a player beats the Blood Stained Sanctuary with a time of three minutes or less.
Tracks must be heard in-game before they are unlocked.
- In Cave Story+, you can change the character depending on which track is playing. Playing Safety will replace the character with Sue, playing Main Theme will change the character with Quote, playing Running Hell will replace the character with Curly, playing Toroko's Theme will replace the character with Toroko and lastly, playing White will replace the character with King.
- When you boot up the game in Cave Story+, Safety is always set as the default track.
- To Unlock "White's" and "Toroko's" theme in the Cave Story 3DS eShop you need beat Hell under 5 minutes and then just beat the Boss Attack to hear white and unlock king's theme
- The only way to unlock "White" in the DSi version is beat the hell or the Time Attack under 4 minutes
- In 29th April one Hidden song can be founded in Cave Story+ and WiiWare versions in the "New Soundtrack" due to Pixel birthday, that song is the Main theme of "Ikachan" (Another game of pixel) remixed with Cave Story instruments